Learning how to programming is not an easy road, but luckily there are so many resources right at our finger tips! Here are some resources that I've used + plan to use, as well as some suggestions:
- Learn to Program by Chris Pine
- C Programming Absolute Beginner’s Guide - I haven't gotten to this yet.
- Ruby the Hard Way by Zed Shaw - Next up.
- Codecademy (I will always recommend this to someone new to coding)
- Code School
- HackerRank - for programming challenges (which I personally can use all the help with)
- edX.org (amazing resource! Not only for computer science and/or programming, they have classes for an array of subjects)
- Coderbyte - I honestly have only completed one challenge on this site. There is a monthly fee if you want access to all of their challenges. They provide solution to all challenges.
- Go to a meet-up! - Women Who Code may be the best thing that has happened to me! I always leave their meet ups feeling confident and inspired. I'll post more about WWC later.
- Find a friend or acquaintance who knows about programming - I'm still on this search.
- Go to a Hackaton - I will be attending my first one in March. Get this, it's a "Hip Hop Hackaton!"
I'll update this as I learn or hear about more resources.